Thursday, October 13, 2016

Sales! Sales! Sales! (Items Sold Thus Far)

Hey y'all,
I am going to try and make this post short and sweet, but you all know me. I love to blabber, so let's see if I can take on this challenge!

As I previously mentioned, I desperately need $ right now. Monthly rent is $760, groceries are close to $100-$150 a month, and gas is another $50-60 (depending on my driving habits). Utilities are another $50 a month. In total, I need at least 1 G just to survive each month. Adult life ain't cheap at ALL.

I have been religiously posting on free and for sale fb pages for the past month or so, and I wanted to share some of the items I have sold. (Note: not all of my sold items will be listed, as I deleted a lot of the pictures, so I don't have them anymore to show you all. However, I am going to share the pictures I do have). Off to the sold items:
1) Lumpy Space Princess Leotard-$6
I got this from "Thrift Traders" using the trade credit I received. Cost "$5.99". I was originally asking for $8 during the summer, but I didn't sell it (a lot of interested people, but all of them flaked). In the end, I sold it to a girl for $6. Got my initial investment back, so I'm happy!

2) Metal Wrap Bracelet-$2
I bought this from Thriftology for $3. I originally purchased this for my "Mad-Max" inspired wasteland warrior costume. However, I never ended up completing the costume, so I never ended up wearing this bracelet. I sold this to a student during what I call a "trunk sale". I packed my trunk full of the stuff I was selling and brought my "store" to her. This is the second trunk sale I have had! She only spent $18 for her whole haul, but it was nice to get rid of junk and get more spending money for my necessities (ahem rent). She paid $2 for this. :( Lost $1 on this investment, but hey, you win some, you lose some.

3) Vintage Teal Adidas Tank Top- $5
I bought this at Goodwill Outlet with the sole intention of selling it. I priced it at $8 but the girl haggled me down to $5. She was the only one to message me! :( I am really surprised, being that Adidas is so big right now, but I guess it didn't peak anyone else's interest. Invested less than 20 cents for it, so it was a pretty decent profit.

4) Brandy Melville Skirt- $7
I bought this at Lincoln Thrift Store for $2. Sold it for $7, so I got a good $5 profit on it. I use to love wearing it with nylons, black halter top, black circle scarf, my leather jacket, and my black booties. However, the skirt is quite short, so it's a drag trying to keep my private bits private during the day. Off to a new home!

5) Hollister Sweater- $10
I got this at Goodwill Outlet for around $0.20. Sold it for $10 so its ~$10 profit. This is a really cute sweater for fall/winter. However, it is slightly see-through, which makes it a bit awkward to wear. Additionally, its like cropped, but not (short, but not short enough to feel intentionally short). In the end, I'd rather have the cash in my pocket than this in my closet. :) Hustler mentality y'all! Gotta bust my butt to pay bills.

6) F21 crop sweater-$9
I bought this originally from Crossroads Trading Co. for $3( it was originally $6, and was on sale for 50% off). I used my store trade credit to cover the purchase. So, after selling it, I got my initial investment back and $6. Not a bad deal if you ask me! I wore this a bunch two years ago, but stopped wearing it. It is always important to cleanse your wardrobe of stuff you don't wear. Being that I thrift almost all my stuff, I don't contribute as much to the current garment pollution (guiltless purchases, am I right?).

7) 11 Wooden Frames (various sizes)-$10
I bought these from Thriftology for ~$5. The were originally marked from $0.50-$1 each, but were on sale for 50% off. I sold them as a bundle for $10, so I made off with a $5 profit. I always intended to make some sort of cool wall collage art. However, they've been sitting in my garage for 2 years...so I think it was never going to happen. Glad I sold them! The buyer seemed really keen on getting them, so I hope they get to do something cool with them.

 8) British Suspenders-$9
I bought these for $1 at the Women Helping Women (WHW) quarterly sale. I intended to sell them on etsy, but realized it wasn't worth the hassle. I honestly posted these on the for sale page just to try it out, being that I didn't think anyone would want them. However, I got a buyer, and they seemed really happy to purchase them. Glad they are going to a good home and are going to be appreciated. I know I certainly can't pull them off ^^.

So that's a large chunk of the items I sold thus far. There are more items I would like to share, so I will try my best to find those pictures so I can post those as well. In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed this post. Wish me luck on selling more items!

<3 love, Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment