Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mimsy's Blog Sale Haul [from 4/26/12]

Hey guys,
I have been going a bit crazy when it comes to buying makeup, especially makeup from peoples blog sales. Blog sales are awesome in my opinion. I have hosted my own blog sales before and I have purchased numerous times from other's blog sales. Today's haul is from Mimsy's blog sale: http://mimsysblog.wordpress.com/blog-sale/
She had a lot of makeup items that caught my eye and the prices were incredibly cheap so of course I had to make a purchase. On to the items I bought!
1) E.L.F. studio line cream blush in "Flirt"

I tried swatching this for you guys but unfortunately my camera just did not seem to be able to capture the color correctly :(. If any of you guys have the E.L.F. studio line blush in "pink passion", this is pretty much the cream version of it. I picked this up on her blog sale for only $1! This product usually retails for $6 on eyeslipsface.com. The texture was different than what I expected. I thought it would feel like maybelline dream mousse, light and fluffy but it actually feels like clay/play dough. I know a lot of people have a problem with the texture and application, but I personally really enjoy the texture. The application is nice, not too pigmented but not too sheer. The product can be layered to increase the intensity. 

2) Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Skinlights

I've wanted this for a while now. I got this for $2 on her blog sale. I heard that these shades were dupes for mac paint pots: the 1st similar to painterly, the 2nd similar to rubenesque and the 4th similar to indian wood. I do not own any of  those mac paint pots so I can't do a comparison but the colors do seem similar to the mac versions. I love the 1st and 2nd shade especially, they are absolutely gorgeous, BUT the problem with this palette is that the shadows are so greasy and they crease almost immediately. I know that I have extra oily eyelids and that eye shadows don't tend to stay very long, but the time it takes for these is crease is rediculous. Ironically, these only work for me when they are layered over my mac paint pot chilled on ice(which is my best eye primer). So much for being mac paint pot dupes.

 3) Maybelline Dream Mousse Shimmer in Golden of Eden


I've wanted to try the limited edition maybelline dream mousse shimmers for a while. I tried swapping for them on mua but I never found anyone to swap with. She sold this for only $1 so I picked it up. The color is quite beautiful, a really nice highlight color. I am on the fence about this product. The color is nice but the product is a bit greasy. All the other dream mousse blush products I've tried are not that greasy and I don't understand why this one is so oily to the touch. :/ Oh well, for a $1, this will be a good highland and there is quite a bit of product so it will last a while. 

4) Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer Glistening Sun


The one I bought from her(for $1) was brand new. I swatched the one I am using currently to show you the color of the product. I really like this bronzer. It does not really add a whole lot of color to my face but it is a nice highlight for summer. I am still working on the one that I got from a mua swap, but I bought this one as a back up because maybelline actually discontinued the dream mousse blushes/bronzers! boooooo!

5) Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in Born With It



I love the maybelline colorsensational lipsticks. They are so pigmented and I actually like the play-doughey scent(lol yes, I am wierd). I read some very good reviews about this lipstick on mua, so I decided to buy this being that she was selling it for only $3. :[ no one told me that this lipstick was so shimmery! It definitely is not a matte color, more of a frost finish. There are tons of silver sparkles in it. I like the color of it, but the frostiness just makes the lipstick look unpleasant on me. :/ unfortunately, I dislike this lipstick alot.

6) Nicka K Lipstick in Pink Tint



Snatched this for only $0.50! Woop Woop! The packaging reminds me of wet n' wild lipsticks. Apparently Nicka K is a really cheap and affordable makeup line that are found at select beauty stores. This lipstick is sheer and moisturizing, but it packs quite a punch of color. Absolutely stunning purpley pink color, perfect for summer time!

 7) L'oreal H.I.P. Jelly Balm in Delectable


Got this lil' guy for $1. I love love love tinted balms so I had to grab this. This is said to be a dupe of mac tendertones. I have tried both the loreal hip jelly balm in luscious and a mac tendertone in hush hush and I can tell you that there are similarities, but the loreal balm is definitely not as thick. I am not huge on this color :/ the red really doesn't show up on my lips. I will still use it because it is moisturizing and a good balm, but I want to try out some other colors, especially plush and savory. :[ Can't believe l'oreal discontinued these!

8) E.L.F. Studio Line Blush in Candid Coral

:( wahh this broke on me during shipping so when I got it, it was literally all powdery and ground up looking! It definitely was not bad packaging on her part, elf blushes tend to be very soft and break easily. I just ended up repressing it using alcohol prep wipes, but now it looks all dysfunctional(lol). Got this for $1 though so I can't complain!

9 & 10) White and Brown Braided Leather Bracelets

These were brand new, got them for $1 each. I was going to buy them on ebay anyways but I saw them on her blog sale so I decided to pick them up with my order. They sell on ebay for around $1.75 or so, so I saved like $1.50 in total haha. They are super cute, can't wait to pair them with my outfits.

Ok, so that was my whole haul. -___- I have a ginormous blog sale haul coming up so....so prepare yourself. Yes, I have been going crazy with buying makeup and I'm trying to do project 10 pan at the same time. I don't know how much more of a fail I can be hahaha. But anyhoo, have a great weekend you guys! I am going back home so I am beyond excited to see my mom, my brother and my beautiful cocker spaniel lily. :] When I have time I will post more, until then, bye bye!
<3 jess

No comments:

Post a Comment