Saturday, November 30, 2013

Collective Haul- Sav-Mor Thrift and Assistance League of Santa Ana thrift shop

Hey guys,
After my mini haul at buffalo exchange, I definitely got bit by the shopping bug and I have just been itching to go thrifting! So when I finally had some down time, I hit up some of my favorite thrift stores in Santa Ana. :) first up, my finds from Sav-Mor thrift. You guys have heard me talk time and time again about this thrift store. Not only have I found some of my most unique items here but the prices are also unbeatable! The only downside is that the store is really dingy and dirty. :( I always bring hand sanitizer and wash my purchases with boiling hot water and wipe them down with anti-bacterial wipes. Also they use red permanent markers to write prices on items, which sometimes stains the items. They also staple price tags onto shoes and clothes which sometime leaves holes. Lastly, the location is a bit sketchy, but all in all, the amazing items I find keep bringing me back! So onto the goodies I found:

1) 80's vintage baroque graphic jacket-$2.92


I have been looking for a really graphically intriguing jacket and i hit jackpot when i found this jacket. I love the crazy design on it, with the outlandishly large Hermes Paris labels and the silly horseman. It's borderline tacky but that's what makes it fun! When I got home, I googled this jacket and found quite a few selling on etsy ranging from $65 all the way up to $300! They were apparently made in the 1980s-90s and I have to admit, this jacket definitely oozes that 80's vibe. As usual, I got this piece for only a few bucks! 

2) Isaac Mizrahi Blue Silk Blouse(New)-$2.92(30% off pink tag) =$2.05(final cost)




Can you believe I found a brand new designer silk shirt that still has the tags attached in a thrift store? What a find! This shirt retailed for $24.99 and came from Isaac Mizrahi's line for target. It's 100% silk and in pristine condition: no rips, tears, or stains. Literally brand new! And on top of that, the sale of the day was 30% off pink tags, so I got this for a whopping $2. Not a bad deal if you ask me ;).

Next, I hit up the Assistance league of Santa Ana thrift store right down the street. I have to say I love shopping at assistance league thrift shops. They are usually run by adorable grandmas who not only make the place clean and tidy, but also bring a warm and welcoming presence to the place. They really give individualized attention and that's the kind of costumer service that you don't get anywhere anymore.I have to say, the grandmas at the Santa Ana assistance league thrift store are some of the nicest! The day I went shopping here, the grandma there put all my items in this beautiful girly gift bag. When I commented on how cute the bag was, the grandma responded that "she wanted to do something special for me". My heart literally melted :). On top of that, she gave me a $5 off $25 coupon to use during their thanksgiving week sale. So sweet! I still can't believe how kind she was to me.
The pretty bag filled with goodies:

Take a peak inside ;) :

1) cropped red Hawaiian shirt-$3


I believe this was a shirt that was cut and cropped by the previous owner. However the cut fits my petite frame perfectly! This has come to be one of my favorite shirts and looks amazing with high waist jeans, bootie wedges, and my leather hat. This shirt has that urban outfitters feel to me :p without the rediculous price tag!

2) tribal print button up with brass buttons-$3

I actually bought this shirt to sell being that tribal is so in right now. I thought the brass buttons really gave it a nice detailed touch.
(* ended up selling this to a vintage resale shop in San Diego called "Home" in exchange for a brand new forever21 blouse and some leftover cash).

3) Vintage Saks 5th Avenue Gold Lion hardshell purse-$15






This is my most exciting find! The Santa Ana Assistance league has a section of the store dedicated to the higher end and more expensive items. I usually don't like checking out this section but being the thrift addict I am, I couldn't leave without checking it out. Thank god I did! In one of the display cases with the higher end vintage accessories and bags, I spotted this gem. I could not believe my eyes when I saw that the price tag was only $15!!! I looked on eBay and similar vintage hardshell purses and clutches go from $80-$300 depending on the label. I have yet to find one exactly like this, which makes this find extra special. I cannot believe someone would donate this beautiful purse and that AL would only price it for $15! I don't know how long this piece was displayed in stores for, but I am still in shock that someone didn't already snatch it up before me. Luckily, this piece came home with me hehe. I am thoroughly in love with this piece and this has got to one in my top 5 best thift store finds ever! :) I smile just thinking about it.

All in all, a great thrift haul with some great finds. I hope you guys enjoy this post and I look forward to sharing more amazing thrift finds with you all in the near future. Until then, tata!

Sincerely,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment